[Dissent-tech] web site group

Sheffield Mayday sheffieldmayday at ukf.net
Thu Jan 8 10:25:36 GMT 2004

Space bunny has now set up Mambo CMS (content management system ??) on
our server now.

www.dissent.org.uk/index.php

I have to say I haven't found these that great in my limited
experience. They're usually not much easier than learning HTML.
However from a brief play in the admin section this morning this one
seems pretty cool and easy to use.

At the moment it's just got a naff pre set template but these are easy
to change and we can create our own or change the existing ones (both
the CSS and HTML) or find more premade ones on the web.

Its open source software (free and arguably radical in itself in a
captialist world) and seems that as a network it would be particularly
useful with different people wanting to add content to the site.

I've added the call out for the next gathering and a contacts page
though none of what is there is public yet.

Not sure if we have different logins for the admin interface or share?
Space Bunny? BTW nice one for sorting this out SB.

cheers

     steve