[Dissent-tech] web site group / web site development

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Wed Jan 21 14:42:51 GMT 2004

Ok, I hope to next week put together a very plain vanilla template/css
for the website using pure css layout rather than tables, if no one
objects. With quite a bold easy read look.
We can latter build on this, and have choice of several templates.
The present hacked one needs to go rather than be hacked further. I find
it too as odds with my desire for elegance for a logo to be defined as a
title background in the template.

btw if you want to know more about Mambo templates:
http://www.mamboportal.com/index.php?option=content&task=category&sectionid=2&id=34&Itemid=28
http://j12.org/sb/mamhooks.htm

also see:
http://forum.mamboserver.com

For more on pure css vs table layout:
http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/

I think all the people who are quite engaged with dissent should be
encouraged to have a login to the site with ability to add content. This
is on of advantages of using cms. That site do  not bottleneck through
one person. I hope every one here gets a login. I will post to main list
next week to push people getting logins if people cool about it here.

The admin interface can be a bit overwhelming when one first goes in as
so many options but it much less so for those set up to just add and
alter content and not change functionality or look and feel.

Btw I 'unpublished' polls module as I don't think we will set them up. I
think they are a distracting gimmick to getting a site with info people
come to find. I might do same with newsflash component, as at this stage
not needed. These can be republished at will but also there are many
other components and modules that can be added such as fully featured
gallery  (note: there is a limited admin access only media gallery to
have photos and images attached to articles already). But lets stick to
getting it basic info on site sorted out. And our own look and feel.

I myself am not wanting to devote much of my own headspace and time to
dissent organising, but saw it would be good to come in and help with
getting the platform for this website.

cheers,

Space Bunny
http://j12.org/sb/