[dissent-tech] Websites / Forums / Duplication of Info

rkn thecastleisburning at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 13 23:04:19 BST 2004

Hiya SB and RED, cheers for the replies!

>> "the dissent web site is functional and stable at the moment and we are waiting for feedback from others at the moment."

Yeah the dissent site looks good. I always wonder about CMS websites in terms of ease of access to information VS. participation- i.e. i sometimes find that it is quite hard to display nessecary info and that people submitting stuff is relatively low. But it looks really good so far :)

>> "As for the forum we have at the moment no plans or have had no
discussions about this so perhaps a link to you is in order if that's ok with yourselves?"

Totally fine with us, as we speak im putting a link from the forum to dissent.org.uk.

As for mirroring and backing up content, yes definelty we would lend a hand tho we are not sure how usefull we can be because use of enrager.net is growing rapidly and who knows where we will have got to bandwidth wise by 2005! But nearer the time i'd be happy to help out if poss.

>> "Maybe enrager.net wants to just remove out of date info and leave the more timeless info on their page."

Yeah we were thinking about slimming down our page and just leaving some basic info then re-directing people to dissent.org.uk for full info.

Have signed up to the dissent site as rkn - but as you say no password yet!

Thats it for now!
rkn