[dissent-tech] Web stuff at the gathering

tabitha747 at riseup.net tabitha747 at riseup.net
Mon Nov 29 15:34:21 GMT 2004

There was one thing that it would cool if we can sort out. If we can have
some space to train people in how to use the website i think people will
be more likely to use the site and get it better (as either just local
groups, working groups or as the web working group).  At the last couple
of gatherings we have asked people to get admin details and i don't know
if they have but it would appear that people are not uploading stuff.  I
know its easy to use but i can understand people not getting involved if
they have no idea where to begin and can't imagine how it works - which to
be honest was how i was. For this we will need some time (thats easy for
people so its not a real effort), access to a computer (is this possible
newcastle?) and people to do the training.   I can do some training for
the really simple stuff.

Will there be a computer there? Maybe someone has a wireless laptop?  It
would be cool to advertise this before hand so people know its happening
and maybe if we ask people to get admin details beforehand it will start
the whole process off.

Please respond asap (REPLY ALL) so i can put this out on the list if it
can happen.

Cheers Tamsin XX