[dissent-tech] Re: days of dissent PDFs

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Sun Jan 23 15:35:45 GMT 2005

tabitha747 at riseup.net wrote:

>I noticed that some of the days of dissent stuff is on the website but not
>very many of the articles.  Does anyone have any info on this - does the
>list moderator hold all the other days of dissent article?

I have let through all the pdfs that were held in moderation. I let them
through one every few days so as not to overload people mail queue too
much, but many accounts would have bounced the message which may have
had the side effect of unsubbing them from the list. I have saved them
and have added a few to document downloads already, and yet to do the rest.

The best idea would have been for doordtp to have added them to website
themselves. Does doordtp have a username login for the site, and does it
want it status upped to add articles and submit document direct to the site.

Also there are some HTML versions of some of articles that I think T put
on site ages ago, but at moment they are 'unpublished' which means only
logged in admins see them. I asked here ages ago about them and she said
see was waiting till they were all there and had time to format well.
But time has slipped on and I will 'publish' ie make pages viewable by
all, unless hear otherwise people can always unpublish them if need be.

Another thing to note is when one is editing an article if one does not
press save or cancel then article remains 'checked out', even if one
closes browser window which means it is not visible on the site nor can
other editors work on it. It may be good practise when you have finish a
session working on site to see if you have any items checked out and
check them back in if need be.

Always look at how anything you have worked on the site looks from front
end.

>Also its all under document downloads at the moment.  Is there any way
>this could exist as webpages - i don't know how to do this?   I understand
>the space was put aside -

A reminder to those with admin access: there is an admin interface
accessible via:
http://www.dissent.org.uk/administrator/

You can do much more here than from add/edit buttons that appear on site
when logged in.
You re login here with same login and password used on login module on
each page of site.

Also I have found I do not have time to respond to all enquiries /
issues  about website to level that would be desirable, please do bear
with this but not I do read all message to this list and take on board
as I am sure all other admins do who spend time working on the site.

cheers,

Space Bunny
--

http://j12.org/sb/web.htm