[dissent-tech] Re: Bristol Group listing on the dissent website

auto_gnome at riseup.net auto_gnome at riseup.net
Wed Jan 26 23:24:30 GMT 2005

Hi there - yes the Bristol Group is very much up & active!
Could you add to the web listing that:
"[Bristol G8 Dissent group]Meets last Tuesday of month, 7.30pm, at Kebele,
14 Robertson Rd, Easton, BS5. Tel 0117 939 9469. Contact main group for
details of sub-group meetings."

cheers
AG

> Dear Groups <http://www.dissent.org.uk/content/view/16/27/>,
>
> I am emailing you because you appear on the list of local groups that
make up the Dissent network. This is a check that you are responding to
enquiries concerning responding to the G8 summit.

> Hopefully this passage from recently put together
> <http://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/dissent-pub/2005-01/thrd1.html> leaflet
that has been sent to printers for mass printing, applies to your group:

> /The Dissent! network is an open network of groups and individuals. Its
roots are in the //UK//'s ecological direct action movement,
> anti-authoritarian groups, the anti-war movement and previous
> anti-summit mobilisations. It is firmly committed to being leaderless,
organising horizontally, making decisions by consensus and taking direct
action against the //Summit//. From February 2005 it will be having open
monthly meetings. The network consists of local groups from across the
//UK/
> <http://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/resistg82005/2005-01/msg00086.html>/,
and working groups focusing on specific aspects of the mobilisation.
UK-based and international planning is also taking place via a number of
email lists
> <http://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/resistg82005/2005-01/msg00086.html>./
>

> So do check your listing on the website
> <http://www.dissent.org.uk/content/view/16/27/> and let us know that you
are still happy to be listed by sending response to web group email list
via: tech at dissent.org.uk

> You are hopefully producing you own outreach with regards to responses
to the G8.
> Although we encourage groups to set up and maintain there own websites
access to add content to dissent and training is available to those that
make up the dissent network. Hopefully this can be provided at the next
gathering in Glasgow, Feb 12-13th
> <http://www.dissent.org.uk/content/view/99>
>

> note: carbon copy of this email to the Dissent newsletter team as they
too maintain a list of local groups included in it, which is it is good
to check against the web version, and this checking of responses.