[dissent-tech] Re: international pages

revolting revolting2005 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 14 11:22:01 BST 2005

Here's the text again, with the links added. If the links are difficult/imposible to find, then I guess that makes it all the more important that we have them up on our site.

------------------
If you are based outside of the UK, there are a number of international mobilisations against the Summit working alongside Dissent!. The French mobilisation can be contacted here [http://www.dragonbleu.org/G8/], the German-language mobilisation here [http://de.dissent.org.uk/], the Irish mobilisation here [http://www.dissenteire.tk/], the Dutch mobilisation here [http://www.stopg8.be/] and the Greek mobilisation here [http://www.resistance2003.gr/]. More information about the international mobilisations, and the plan for a Global Day of Action on the opening day of the Summi (July 6) is available via the Peoples' Global Action G8 2005 site here [http://www.nadir.org/nadir/initiativ/agp/resistg8/index.htm].
-------------------

I think it'd be great if the above text was added to the "Get Involved" text. But I also think it'd be worth adding a section called "International Mobilisations" to the Main Menu with the following text:

------------------
There are a number of international mobilisations against the 2005 G8 Summit.
German-language mobilisation: http://de.dissent.org.uk/
Dutch mobilisation: http://www.stopg8.be/
French mobilisation: http://www.dragonbleu.org/G8/
Irish mobilisation: http://www.dissenteire.tk/
Greek mobilisation: http://www.resistance2003.gr/
-------------------------

If someone can give me an access code and a bit of training in Notts, I'll be able to put stuff up on the site myself, but it'd be good if this could go up before. Would be great if someone had time to do it.

Cheers
Jonathan Oppenheim <jono at damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
hi,
i think we really really really need the webpage to have
easy links to the international pages of various countries.

the international part of the text that Revolting sent had to be cut out
of the "get involved" section, 'cause the info is difficult/impossible
to find. [perhaps someone who knows where the links are, can add it back.
That would be appreciated]

i think translations should be a submenu for "international page"
(or whatever) which has links to all the various groups.

even better would be an initial splash screen which just has
a logo, and then "English, German, French, Spanish, Swahili etc."

this is pretty key, and a bit late for it.

more minor things,
i think instead of "convergence" the menu button should
be "Practical info." Since "convergence" is an activist
term, which not everyone understands. I think "Action" should
be action info. as well.

But i think the website is slowly getting there. We really
need more people helping. Can people at Notts draft a few
helpers.

my 2p
xj