[DurhamDivest] The Commission on Divestment from Companies involved in Fossil Fuels extraction.

Susan Wesley swesley at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jun 12 16:33:02 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone

I sent the below email to the chair: Dr Amanda Ellison of The Commission
on Divestment from Companies involved in Fossil Fuels extraction.

We have not heard anything for awhile on this subject.

Thanks

Susan

Hi Amanda

There hasn't been any updates for awhile on how things are going with
the university divesting from fossil fuels.  The Summary of Opinion
clearly shows that the majority want the university to divest.

I would appreciate any information that you have.

  Green economy is ‘the economy of the future,’ says UN chief, urging
  commitment to climate action

http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/blog/2017/06/green-economy-is-the-economy-of-the-future-says-un-chief-urging-commitment-to-climate-action/

  World Environment Day (5 June) – The UN Secretary-General video message

http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/blog/2017/06/world-environment-day-5-june-the-un-secretary-general-video-message/

Many thanks

Susan

SCR member St. John's