[DurhamDivest] The Commission on Divestment from Companies involved in Fossil Fuels extraction.

Susan Wesley swesley at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jun 14 09:09:27 UTC 2017

Hi All

Update from  Dr Amanda Ellison; "Our next meeting is June 26th when we
will evaluate risk to our educational and research environments. Our
final recommendation will be submitted in September and that will be
taken forward to senate and council."

The "risk" is to all of us!

Some good news.

*Global demand for coal falls in 2016 for second year in a row*

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/13/coal-global-demand-falls-2016-second-year-in-row-fossil-fuel

Many thanks

Susan