[FlyingBrickAnnouncements] Slingshots are on their way!

Nathan Stickel incoherentnickle at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 00:15:02 UTC 2010

Hey y'all, just wanted you to know that Slingshot Organizers have been sent
to us, and should be arriving sometime next week. If any volunteers find
them, please put them somewhere visible, but out of the way, and sell them!
Also, if someone wants to send a notification on Facebook, as well as update
the blog and myspace about them, that would be great! If you aren't and
Admin on the Facebook group, just message someone who already is and they
will totally make you one. The prices are Big Slingshots: $10 and Small
Slingshots: $5.

Also, this e-mail was sent out from Liz Sussan, who has been working on fund
raising for the Monroe Park Campaign:

We have an opportunity to raise money at a bake sale on Saturday, Nov.
20th at the Quirk Market.  It would be outdoors, set up starting at 10
am and market starting at 11 am.  I don't know how long the market
lasts.  I can organize all of the baked goods to be donated, but I
cannot work the market that day.  I am in need of 2-4 volunteers to
either work the entire shift or split into two shifts to work the
table.  This is also a great chance for outreach in the community
about both FNB and the Monroe Park campaign.

10% of sales will go to kids art (that is what the Quirk Market is
designed to benefit) and the rest will go to the Monroe Park
campaign.
The bakesale I had about 3 weeks ago generated about $200.00 for a
different nonprofit, so we stand to do very well at this market to
raise money for our cause!  People love baked goods!

Please write me at LizSuss at gmail.com to sign up to volunteer either
your work for the day or to make baked goods for the event.
Christie and I are working on some other fundraising ideas, so also
email me if you interested in getting involved with fundraising in-
general.

And did anyone make fliers or make them available in PDF to print
out?  I could really use some.

- Liz

So please message her if you can help! This could really help with supplies
for what is looking like a long campaign!

--
Always with Solidarity

Nathan