[g8-sheffield] Flyer text n stuff

@@ hjdsmdr at mixmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:34:07 BST 2005

Hello, hello, !

I have tried in vain to view the flyer or banner you are talking about,
but will try again at

http://www.pretentiousartist.com
or
http://www.pretentiousartist.org

By the way, could I borrow the urbanparanoia picture of a shopwindow for
a private purpose site? This is a question to the picture's owner or
copyright owner.

Then in the text below, the author has forgotten to add some very useful
links which have already been added to the ssf wiki on the G8,
https://www.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/wiki
or https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/

including my own links on the media feedback. However the dissent! link
is the best. You don't need to give a lecture on the G8 or what they
are, imho... not so much the lecturer, but the activist, should shine
through the speech.

bye bye for now

amparo

It is important to be clear that the G8 Summits are not a policy-making
forum.  They are a time for the leaders of these states to network and
build relationships. They are a time to discuss complex international
issues and crises, to allow for a more powerful collective response.
The co-ordination of these nations and their unequal influence over
international institutions such as the WTO, IMF and G20 ensures that
their interests dominate the world order.

As such the G8 Summits have always been a focus for protests and counter
summits.  Following the Peoples Global Action call for a united global
day of
action in 1998, the Summit protests have, however, grown and
strengthened, forcing the G8 Summits to more and more remote locations
with ever increasing
security costs.

For more information on the G8 please check out these links:
G8 Information Centre based at the University of Toronto. To be read
critically.
www.g7.utoronto.ca
Offical Website: www.g8.gov.uk
www.perthshireg8.com