[g8-sheffield] Legal Demo and workshops

julie w juliewhite75 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:58:37 BST 2005

Hi - this is from Jillian, who has spoken from the police.  What do we want?
  Also, looks like we'll get some workshops.  CHeers,  Julie x

I have spoken again to my contact at West Bar, an Inspector David Owens. He
is still not sure about arrangements, would favour a city centre demo. I
have said we would prefer that too, preferably on the Wednesday at the end
of the working day in order to catch people coming out of shops and offices
etc. I agreed with him that Nether Edge would not be a very good place for
an official demo, and didn't mention unofficial demos as I am not
responsible for them. He thinks they may have a clearer idea by middle of
next week. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT PEOPLE WANT ME TO ASK FOR
Also, for interest, some of the Greens at the meeting (Annie Neligan, Jenny
Patient, Julian Briggs, myself) are likely to come up with a cluster of
workshop and/or other offers. Will obviously keep you posted of the results
of any "side meetings"
Am copying this to Jenny so she can communicate with Julie directly.
Jillian