[g8-sheffield] London bombing is also a conspiracy

Jase spodulike at freeuk.com
Tue Jul 19 03:07:52 BST 2005

There are many conspiracy theories knocking about on this one, as there are
for the 9/11 attacks, however my question would simply be. There are four men
who are now dead, four men who unannounced went to London, who were seen
together and yet whose belongings have turned up at four seperate locations.
Are the families of these men in on the conspiracy? Are hundreds of police,
rescue services, forensic teams, security services and so on?

There is precedent of course. The bombing of Russian apartment blocks, blamed
at the time on Chechen terrorists, is now widely believed to be the work of
the KGB. KGB agents were discovered at another apartment block at the same
time, in the process of setting another bomb. To justify the Chechen conflict,
in order to maintain control in the face of increasing opposition to the war,
many many murders were committed. Yet despite Russia being a state more
secretive and oppressive than ours the truth is slipping out.

Blair does not need to justify the actions in Iraq, it's not as if he is
fighting for the Empire or that the British public is baying for withdrawal.
The main reason for pullout is economic, it's costing too much to remain.
There is the hope that a timetabled withdrawal and full handover of power
would announce Iraqi independance and bring the insurgent attacks not related
to the Iraqi resistance proper (i.e. the suicide bombings) to a halt. But
sadly I fear Iraq has become a batteground. A withdrawal may just leave a
bloodied mess, opened to corporate greed, armed gangs, regional infighting,
the gradual collapse of Iraqi state and identity.

Bush says "Foreign fighters are travelling into Iraq to make it a front line
in the war on terror. And I would rather defeat them there than face them in
our own country". A rare moment of truth which shows his disgusting prejudice
for the lives of non-Americans. Iraqis have no wish to be a 'front line'.
Then again there are mutterings in the Arab world over the indiscriminate
deaths caused by the bombers and maybe this pressure will bring about a halt.
However the source and motivation of the worst atrocities is not clear. Also,
Iraq is becoming increasingly unnappealing as an economic fillet, the west may
want to get out and just leave the door ajar for the oil to flow through. A
full withdrawal may draw much of the sting which drives young men into the
arms of criminals and fanatics, both in Iraq and the UK, however wounds of all
kinds take time to heal.

I read through the list of the dead from the London bombing today, each one of
those deaths is a tremendous loss, a sad waste of life. When the deaths are
far away, when soldiers or politicians can dismiss them as foreign or
subversive or so on, then murder is easy. The 200 000 deaths in Iraq should
not be forgotten, the stupid willfull bloody actions of Bush, Blair and those
who let the invasion of Iraq happen should not be forgotten. Each single death
causes the same trauma, the same grief, as each single death in the London
bombing. Over the last week Iraq has lost twice the number of people to
suicide bombings as London, and for them it is now a regular event. This is
our gift to them.

The spreading of hate, the cancer which eats at our human soul, needs to be
stopped. The division of people in Iraq into Kurd, Shia and Sunni. Labels worn
which divide brother from brother. The division of people in Britain into
those who fit the stereotype, the 'look' of a muslim or south asian or
terrorist. The poisoning of future generations with prejudice, after
Palestine, after Iraq, after 9/11, after Iraq, after Bali, Madrid and now
London. Each time forcing sides to be taken according to religion and
physicality rather than the mind which lives within those borders. Ignorance
feeding upon ignorance, division feeding upon division, the loss of identity
with the society which would be a cradle, the finding of identity with
extremism of whatever form.

Terrorists are those few who try to impose their will by violence on a mass of
people. They are Saddam Hussain, George Bush, Osama Bin Laden, Tony Blair,
Vladamir Putin et al. Wrapped up in nationalistic pride, pre-judging the worth
of thousands of lives, thinking their knowledge greater, thinking their
beliefs the most just. To fight terrorism we must target the few. Anything
else shows the same prejudice, the same forcing of sides upon people, the
painting of prejudice in broad strokes. "If you are a Shiite then your death
is just", "if you are an American then your death is just", "if you are a
Muslim then your death is just", "if you are British then your death is just",
but who is just Shiite or just American or just Muslim or just British? People
have names, lives, loves beyond any word or label.

In our democracy we have the absolute responsibilility to reject violence, to
not assume that our way of dividing the world is the right way, to not claim
any right to expend lives other than our own. It is not a perfect system but
it is built upon a steady line of resting power from terrorists, from kings to
barons to the ruling class to the state. To go further we must confront, to
publicise, to make clear injustice. To reject the comfort of the minority and
push for all to have a voice. In one sense it is within touching distance, yet
each step opens up a landscape of possiblity stretching to a far horizon.

O.k., think I was overdue for a rant, apologies. And now I'll just post my
comments on the conspiracy theory...

From: "Kathleen Holliday" <noworris at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Also, the media said over and over that there was NO evidence to suggest
> suicide bombers at the time.

The reason it was thought not to be suicide bombers was the timing of the
bombs, virtually simultaneous explosions on the tube trains. Now it is thought
the bombs must have been set off by hand. After any event the media story is
based on guesswork, often quite lazy guesswork. On 9/11 it was extrodinary how
one news programme would be guessing on matters stated as fact hours previous
on another channel.

The email which kicked this off is really doing the rounds, widely publicised
by Alex Jones. To be fair the right wing media does this stuff all the time
(see Al Franken's excellent book "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" to
see how) but this rumour mill thing gets to me as it tends to go unanswered.
For me conspiracy theories start with prejudice, that a small group of people
somehow controls everything. I'll agree that a pretty small group of people do
control a great deal, but to think that no-one else ever does anything bad is
either naiive or narrow minded.

Here are some questions:
Do you really believe for a second that guys with 8 month babies and guys who
taught disabled schoolchildren would want to blow themselves up and kill other
innocent people and leave their passports so their families could get in
trouble?

The bombers could have been kind, generous, caring souls. However they had a
belief that something needed to change and they believed they knew how to do
it. What gets me is the way people find suicide bombing to be somehow more
reprehensible than killing where a person does not sacrifice their own life.
They passionately believed what they were doing was right. "Greater love hath
no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends". They laid
down their lives for what they believed in. A noble idea if it weren't so
stupidly misguided. If four men arrived at the gates of downing street and
vowed to starve to death unless justice was done, that would have been true
sacrifice, but it wouldn't have had as much impact and when you are a true
believer you think that no impact is big enough.

Many British newspapers reported on anti terror drills weeks and months before
the bombings, but none of them picked up on the biggest story of them all, a
drill on the day, the same places at the exact same time of the attack. Why?

Because the fear of a terror attack was and is widespread. The BBC ran a
similar scenario weeks before. Not that I can see what relevance such
exercises have to the bombing whatever, unless it provided inspiration.

1. Why would suicide bombers carry personal documents?

Why not? The bombing was a statement, something that could have been done with
pride and belief.

2. How is it that paper documents can survive bomb blasts that rip apart steel
and people?

Paper can be blown around, like snow, without disintigrating. After 9/11
sheets of paper showered from the towers. Steel and people can also blow
around like snow but that destroys what they are.

3. The super steel ids stayed at the exact same place near the "suicide
bombers"?

The bomb sites were carefully searched over a wide area, not a pleasant job by
all accounts.

4. If you were going to use four bombs in four locations, blowing yourself
up in the process, why would you leave extra bombs in your hire car for the
police to find?

These weren't professional bombers, these were people who were doing this for
the first and last time. Also, explosives were found, no indication of 'extra
bombs'.

5. HOW DID THESE NICE YOUNG LADS GET THEIR HANDS ON MILITARY GRADE HIGH
EXPLOSIVES AND IF THEIR HOUSES WERE FULL OF THEM, ENOUGH TO WARRANT THE
EVACUATION OF 600 PEOPLE FROM THE AREA THEN WOULDNT THEIR FAMILIES HAVE
NOTICED?

They apparently got hold of the explosives from this guy
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Possible_%27mastermind%27_of_London_bombings_captu
red_in_Egypt

Their houses weren't full of explosive. People were evacuated as a precaution
but afaik explosives were only found at one house. And no, I doubt the
families would have noticed a carrier bag stuffed round the back of whatever.
Having said that there is no indication as to the amounts of explosives found.

7. Why did not the bus cameras work?

As with speed cameras, quite often the cameras do not have any tape in them.
As one guy said whose mum works on the buses, around 2 out of 5 are actually
recording. Given the amount of other CCTV footage available it's irrelevant
anyway.

6. A bus driver pointed out that the number 30 bus was the only one to be
re-routed after the initial bombs went off in the London Underground, every
other bus carried on its normal journey, but for some reason this bus was
diverted

8. Was the mammoth 20 hour inspection session the weekend before of the bus
cameras means of disabling them, or something even darker? Were the
contractors, who were not familiar to the bus company employees, actually
placing the bomb?

These two points are from
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2005/150705busbombing.htm. All from
an unamed source. If the bus had not been diverted it would have been in front
of Kings Cross when it exploded, however it was diverted to avoid congestion.
Doubtless many buses were diverted, traffic was being turned away all over the
place. Personally I think the source is garbage.

9. Original reports stated that Binyamin Netanyahu was warned BEFORE the first
blast, now all the Associated Press reports are being changed to say he was
warned AFTER the first blast. (and stated again - Plus why did Netanyahu get a
warning and the victims didnt?)

The original report was filed by one reporter and shortly changed afterwards
by that same reporter. Sure you could build a conspiracy theory on it. Then
again you could say someone made a mistake. Given the preference of the media
for exaggeration and innacuracy at the best of times, I'll go for the latter.

10. The warning contradicts the fact that the original explanation of a power
surge went out for an hour or more. They knew it was an attack but put out a
false explanation.

An explosion was reported within minutes, however the cause of the explosion
was not clear for around half an hour,
http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/1/hi/england/london/4674469.stm

11. Is it just a coincidence that the G8 meeting took place the same day?

No, that was the whole point of the timing. The UK was at the center of world
attention.