[g8-sheffield] Who booked the Plaza ? & re: accomodation

Dave Havard deacondave at onetel.com
Fri Jun 3 07:29:01 BST 2005

Dear Jason,

There is no problem with staying at the Burngreave Ashram, 86 Spital
Hill.  You are very welcome,
Dave

Dear everyone else,

I noticed with alarm that on the poster and leaflet it is advertising
the Plaza for convergence centre and counter conference.  Has someone
arranged this with Nigel who owns it ? cos I don't have any agreement
with him for those days.  I organised the Trapeze and the Clowns
workshop for 11/12 June but nothing else.  I offered the Ashram for a
convergence centre and was told the counter conference was to be at a
somewhat secret city centre location.

I am concerned that we may upset Nigel.  He may not want his address
advertised to the police in this way and it is not cool to advertise a
venue that has not been booked.  There is also the question of rental
fees, normally £50 per day unless negotiated otherwise.

Can someone get back to me pronto so I can talk to Nigel before he sees
a poster.

Peace,
Deacon Dave