[g8-sheffield] Sheffield Stop the War Coalition G8 demos

dougald hine writetodougald at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:38:57 BST 2005

To find out, call Sgt Gary Roche at SY Police - 296 4097.

I don't think anyone's checked with them since they originally turned
Jillian down.

Since then they changed their minds about the StW protests, which they
were originally refusing permission for. So it may be worth checking
if they've changed their minds re: SAG8.

But... they are limiting numbers to 150 for the static demos 'to
ensure a balance between the rights of protestors and those attending
the event'.

Also, their summary of Sn 14 says it 'enables police to PLACE
CONDITIONS on public assemblies and RESTRICTIONS on the locations in
which they can be held', while Sn 13 is summarised as enabling 'police
to BAN marches and processions in specified areas'. Which suggests
they may be less keen on marches than static demos.

But it may be worth checking again, since otherwise the police will be
able to say 'we would have allowed the march if they'd kept talking to
us...'.

--
Dougald Hine
46 Alderson Road, Sheffield S2 4UD