[g8-sheffield] Re: this list is supposed to be about the G8

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 22:22:54 BST 2005

m> I would really be sad if on the grounds of not being "practical"
m> discussion on philosophical issues was banned in this or any other lists...

I think it would be sad too if people left the list because they felt
they are getting swamped by the same old emails about topics they are
no longer interested in. This happens on many lists regularly.

The social forum list often gets a lot political and philosophical
posts and because of that I often don't check the emails. This means,
on that list, I might well miss something going on I might have wanted
to get involved with.

I think it's much better to keep lists topic specific so people can
choose to discuss what interests them and what they have time for.

There is nothing to stop someone setting up another Sheffield G8 list
specifcially for discussing philosophies and motivations for acting
against the G8 for those who have the interest and time. Lists are
free and easy to set up.

Personally I think it is disrespectful to other list members not to
keep to the topic a list was set up for.

cheers

steve