[g8-sheffield] power..

zerosevenfour two zerosevenfourtwo at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 17:01:51 BST 2005

yes there seems to good debate.. i come across the mph artical due to this

On Monday, June 27th, Indymedia Bristol's server was seized by the police.
An Indymedia volunteer was arrested during the raid on suspicion of
incitement to criminal damage. He is now on bail

Bristol Indymedia say: "We are outraged at the actions of the police. They
have completely disabled the entire Bristol Indymedia news service. By their
actions they have undermined the principle of open publishing and free
access to the media, thereby removing people's opportunity to read and
report their own news. This situation has serious implications for anyone
providing a news service on the Internet. We do not intend to let this stop
us from continuing the project."

however in the mist of this i was copying all the content of indymedia to
back up etc.. you see wht you do not reed..

yes dan it might be cool to keep this list going for debate and use matilda
for such resurch..

however my head is elsewhere due to indymedia server snach etc.. the g8
looming and a need to keep real news going dureing the events..

0742