[g8-sheffield] non-violence

Philippe Deux hjdsmdr at mixmail.com
Sat Mar 12 01:14:28 GMT 2005

  We should
> promote awareness and training as that helps people who are new to
> NVDA be aware of what could happen and also their own reactions to
> it. Making sure there are witnesses and support networks is a high
> priority also if these actions are to take place.

Witnesses: They are called "legal observers" by the LSG: they will wear
orange jackets or bibs, but will have no special legal privilege; they
will be willing to testify, or pick up persons arrested when they are
released.
The LSG has issued a recent Call out to Volunteers (persons willing to
act as legal observers, but also anybody who want to do office work, or
driving without getting dangerously involved). I am transcribing the
Call Out here below.
The Dissent groups are organized according to the PGA; on their website,
you can read a statement for non violence drafted by the Dutch group i
think: it is brief and could be adopted by the g8-sheffield if approved...
I will take it to next meeting.