[g8-sheffield] Re: informal suggested agenda for tomorrow's meeting please confirm

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 23:32:28 GMT 2005

To my way of thinking the PGa Hallmarks represent a good guide for the
sort of actions we might do, but the group should not try to sign up
to them completely. My hope is to keep the G8-Sheffield group as open
as possible, which precludes in my mind a complete rejection of
cappitalism, which is a contentious point, and one which could be
argued well into the night by many people. I don't feel the need for
an exact specification of the type of action we should take, rather my
hope continues to be that Sheffield G8 should actively support however
we can any ideas for action, including any concrete ideas Meldrew has.
However, I don't see us as available to do requests, unless they seem
to be a really good idea. I think bringing a map is an excellent idea
for tomorrow, if someone can remember to do that it would be most
helpful.

Can I also add to the agenda that it might be worth discussing future
publicity for these meetings.

Chris