[g8-sheffield] Terror n torture

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Mon Mar 21 11:46:42 GMT 2005

Hi

On Mon 21-Mar-2005 at 11:17:04AM +0000, Dan wrote:
> Yes, they use terrorism as a justification for war,
> oppression, and keeping us in fear.  ("Of course the
> people don't want war... etc")
>
> My point is - none of this changes that fact that there
> is, in fact, a terrorist threat.

Yeah, but who created the terrorists in the first place...
it's a bit like the chicken and the egg...

> Going about shouting "bush, blair, CIA, how many kids
> did you kill today?" ain't gonna do that.

Um, yeah, the SWP slogans are crap, I agree...

> We need to do something.  So - what are we going to do?

Good question :-)

Why don't we come up with as many fun and interesting
sounding protests as possible, some designed to attract
more than the usual suspects (100 odd demonstrators can't
have much impact when policed by 2,000 coppers...)?

Sure they will probably ban them all and just set up a
protest pen in a car park out of the way somewhere but I
don't think we should start from this basis... but a
contigency plan for a protest pen party might also be
worth while ;-)

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World