[g8-sheffield] agenda ideas

fabian fab at in-no.org
Tue Mar 29 17:06:53 BST 2005

 but if people
> could suggest anything that they feel needs to be addressed I think that
> it would be very helpful to have warning in advance.

hi

after attenting the leeds dissent-meeting last weekend, to me it seems
most important that we speed up to create a flyer, a poster (for which
funding is already secured and just needs content/design), the webpage to
spread in the UK in order to get some people comming here... and/or
integrate sheffield into their respective up to scotland travel
iternaries...

it was suggested to hold a workshop on the sheffield summit at
Lanarckshire Dissent festival next week (6th to 10th of april) in order to
network more.
 would be good to talk about if there is some people wanting to go...
have a look at

http://www.dissent.org.uk/content/view/158/75/

also we got the offer to host another (there was one in silver squat a few
month ago) Trapese Training somewhen in the time from 14th to 25th of mai
Trapese is a popular eduaction collective that teaches mainly about
climate change in prep of G8

http://www.trapese.org

we should try to figure out an appropiarte date (if that is wanted)

> I agree with Dan that having a larger meeting to start really pulling
> people and ideas together would be productive, what does everyone else
> think?

I really do agree. Maybe a way to involve a large amount of groups and
individuals in Sheffield would be to provide space (a convergence like we
seem to have) to host some sort of counter G8 meeting during the days of
the summit, including workshops done by various groups independently on
internal affairs, justice, immigration, asylum as we understand it.
That will be a large amout of work, but also a real good opportunity get
more people aware of the G8 real story behind blairs  "we help africa"
PR-front.

I would like to discuss the fisability of such a counter G8 meeting (title
could be: "make borders history")

Fabian

--
_:/^/<>