[g8-sheffield] Flyer and theatre...

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Thu Mar 31 16:09:18 BST 2005

Hia M and others,

1. Moz: can you forward the original doc  - you haven't spell checked
and some of the grammar's a bit wibbly.  Terribly middle-class of me to
be worried about that kind of thing, but there you are.  Good choice of
poster, though - looks good in B&W.  (Failing that, I'll just send you
some text...)

2. On blind protest.  Totally agree that we don't want the media
focussing on it but

a. People will protest. Which is good - acting autonomously, yes?

b. The idea of theatre kept on being floated, as did how to use the
Section 14 playpen that the police will give us.

Using that space for an *actual* theatre production is really growing on
me.  We could do a dramatisation of the outsourcing of terror, using a
very small amount of space to -

1. Watch someone in Uzbekistan / Syria / Egypt / another torture holiday
camp being 'interrogated' and giving names.
2. Watch as spooks arrest the named people and
3. Put em under house arrest, based on evidence garnered under torture.

Or someone mentioned doing the theatre version of Animal Farm.  Might be
worth reading through this and adapting - but we want to do something
that will get points about Terrorism and fear across, if we do this.