[g8-sheffield] Fw: demo wed 15th June - my reply to police

Jillian Creasy jcreasy at onetel.com
Thu May 19 10:11:22 BST 2005

Dear all
This is what I have sent to Sgt Roche ... have proposed a route that goes as close to the Winter Gardens as possible and takes in the main shopping areas (Barkers Pool, PInstone St, top of the Moor, Fargate). It does pass the Peace Gardens. I felt like suggesting we walk along the west side of Pinstone St in single file with our hands over our heads, but he might have thought I was being sarcastic.
I hope this will encourage him to clarify what the exclusion zone is to be.
I can't believe this is happening - they won't even BE in the Winter Gardens til at least an hour later!
Jillian