[g8-sheffield] assuring our right to demonstrate

@mp amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Sun May 22 00:24:57 BST 2005

> I think that this exchange has opened up some important issues; It's
not yet
> clear that we can't achieve consensus, but I'd like to hear other
points of
> view before suggesting a different wording.

OK, then perhaps Critical Mass representatives will not approve either...

Skeptically (apologies, but truly sceptically), who does believe that
the police this time will allow a demonstration in the town centre?
As for "handing control" I agree with J.S. that even if only
*symbolically* that shouldn't happen.
BTW, legal observers are reassuring to protesters.

> I'm not anticipating any disorder, instead we should try to
> anticipate the
>> public battle we have to wage to assert our right to demonstrate.

Thank you, JS, and Jillian, and all who are negotiating actively
on behalf of the others: this is already a public (or semi-public)
battle going on.

Please have your saying too,
Thank you for your open mind

amp