[g8-sheffield] Climate Change at last Full Council meeting

Jillian Creasy jcreasy at onetel.com
Wed Sep 14 12:31:53 BST 2005

An account of the questions asked about the SCC's Climate Change Strategy
last Wed, 7th Sept, is now on the Sheffield Green Party website
www.sheffieldgreenparty.org.uk
Please forward to anyone/list you think might be interested.
We wanted to include the strategy itself, but have been advised it's only a
draft, not yet ratified by Cabinet, so can't be put in the public domain. I
am going to queery this as hard copies were issued to Cllrs before the
debate. It includes some quite radical stuff about the links between climate
change prevention/resilience and localisation (i.e. short supply chains less
likely to be disrupted)  and social inclusion (e.g. issues such as
sustainable housing, fuel poverty, public transport, health, employment). It
is thin on WASTE and PLANNING.
Thanks to all who supported me by passing information/comments and those who
came to the public gallery to ask quesions or just listen ... it makes a
huge difference to the atmosphere in the chamber when they know they are
being watched. And I don't feel quite so lonely.
Jillian