[Hacklabs] geolocating hacklabs

flawer flawer at shareful.be
Mon Jul 1 12:38:51 UTC 2013

>>> http://ecozoom.mapunto.net
>>>
>>> in http://map.comunaction.org
>> in dspace-client[1] we have started using SpaceAPI[2] :)
>>
>> [1] https://apollo.open-resource.org/lab:dspace
>> [2] http://spaceapi.net/
>
> there's also umap: umap.fluv.io

hey thanks guys, i am in bigger doubt now ;),

i'm looking at best content to put on hacklabs.org/meetup

(isn't it the best name for that url?, maybe the best url would be
hackmeeting.org or hackmeet.org , but we could put nice content on
/meetup and then bother those already going communities)

i am worried and commited to work on a bigger scope map since i see
hacklabs as a sector of a bigger thing where there is food, health, etc
related communities or tags. a map tool that you can add content and
aggregate, so i could add manually hacklabs there.

(do you dislike this? do you prefer to commit to do an own hacklabs
geolocator for places and meetings that could be exported?)

i guess we should follow spaceapi.net, besides the twitter field that
for me is shit for an api of that kind. it doesn't look too polemic for
me ;-)

ideally we could have hacklabs.org/meetups as an extract from that
broader map (my mind goes for map.comunaction.org) and we could have the
link from the site to other related meetups also extracted from that
broader map..

besides hackerspaces and/or hacklabs locations and hackathons i'd like
to see:

http://www.copynight.org/

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Salon

http://freeculture.org/chapters/

http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Local_Teams/List

..even LUGs :-)!

so i guess, without having get very deep in it, that dspace could fit
better than macadjan as a tool, but i need help or more time..