[HacktionLab] flyering G20 CC and CC list

Garcon du Monde gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Mar 18 20:08:05 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 07:59:27PM +0000, Mike Harris wrote:
> I do think you're right about the flyers.  A waste of paper really.
> Perhaps if we can get on another flyer, just the web address and a one
> liner would do, something to grab attention?
>
> What's NVDA?

non-violent direct action

> So Sunday 29th there are workshops?
>
> The G20 CC thing seems like a good forum for this sort of thing.  I
> don't know anything about it, not been to any meetings, not been in
> touch with anyone and not really had the time either.  So really can't
> do anything but come along on an odd day and show solidarity.
>
> Do you have any ideas or proposals Ben?  I'd be up for being involved in
> doing a one-dayer, a workshop or two.

i have a ready-to-roll security workshop that i have run before and
could send you the info. unfortunately, i don't have time to do it
before the g20... although i ran part of it recently at the
internetforactivists conference that happened in london last
weekend. oftentimes, i find that pointing out the issues, then
pointing people in the direction of 'good' sites like indymedia or
aktivix that take security considerations seriously, is a good
approach. the problem is that these things often take time to become
established ideas, so better to hit people with them whenever you can.

also: mike, ben - are you using gpg yet? ;-)

solidarity,

	--gdm