[HacktionLab] Mobile video blogging advice needed

Ben bencrosbie at gmail.com
Sat May 16 12:17:54 BST 2009

We managed to set up something that would do this using Drupal as part
of a Transmission.cc code and documentation sprint

It uses emails sent from mobile phones with the videos sent as attachments

We quickly put together the documentation which contains detailed
instructions can be found here...

http://wiki.transmission.cc/index.php/Drupal_Video_Conversion_(in_detail)

Not sure I should be telling you this next part but...

You should even still be able to try out the test site we made up by
sending an email with video attachment (from mobile phone or
elsewhere) to our test site

Site located at http://forest.lab.obin.org/
Send email to mobile at anarchotv.org
Then once the email is sent run http://forest.lab.obin.org/cron.php to
run the tasks that would be performed on Cron

Once the Cron task is run your video should appear on the front page
first as a download link for the original file and then once the the
video has managed to be converted to an flv file as a click and play
video

Current input video file types accepted on the test site (but not
fully tested): avi mov wmv mpeg mp4 mpeg2 dv 3gp 3g2 mpeg4 flv

File size maximum on the test site: 16 MB

BC :)