[HacktionLab] and the winner is...

theinnercityhippy at riseup.net theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Sat Oct 10 20:45:06 BST 2009

ok, so all the votes are in and the date decided by everyone as being the
least shit is...

That this years autumn hacktionlab will take place on the 14th-15th
november at the 1in12 club in bradford.

So, with not a huge amount of time there's things we need to organise, not
least the agenda, but first a few housekeeping bits and bobs:

we can sort out crash space which may be at the club or peoples houses (or
a combination of the two) so we need an idea of numbers for the friday and
saturday (and sunday if needed) nights.

Similarly, we need an idea of what meals people will want and when so we
can plan that. The lovely people at the treehouse cafe/bradford centre for
non violence have offered to help post this out so could do with knowing
numbers of meals etc (the 1 in 12 is a vegan kitchen so if there's massive
objection to this,though i can't imagine why, it needs to be raised now).
Also, we need to decide on a set price per head to cover ingredients etc
that we are all able to do, and make a plan if some of us aren't. This
could do with being decided by the end of next week, is a suggestion of
20quid per head fair for the weekend or is this too much?

There is a gig already booked on the friday night i think at the club and
we can happily arrange something on the saturday if someone there hasn't
already done so. This can be worked in to the food budget if needs be (ie
a couple of quid donation each for the room). There's a fully stocked sam
smiths bar down there and fooking cheap too!

And then to the most important thing, the agenda. Can somebody take on
putting a draft on crabgrass or the wiki perhaps. One thought i had was
that it would be great to do an introductory session at the start where we
give a summary of what we've been up to this summer and what we have lined
up in the immediate future, in the hope that some will overlap and
there'll be some good roots for collaboration on stuff. Also really up for
amias's code sprint idea, and could do a penetration testing 101 session.
I also agree that it would be really important to work on cop15 coverage
together as the overall theme of the event.

Here's to getting excited about next month!

Jimdog