[HacktionLab] printing quotes, was: Do you need a hand with your book?

ana anap at riseup.net
Thu Apr 15 19:51:24 BST 2010

Mike Harris wrote:
> each
> chapter article is about 600 words,

I count 10 chapters including the introduction so that is 6,000 (six
thousand) words roughly, right? Depending on typeface, that can be
around 10 pages without the covers.

I'm asking because, to ask for quotes, we need to tell the printers the
amount of pages it has. One way would be to wait until the whole text is
proofread and decided on, then produce the pdfs with pagination etc and
present that to the printers so they can give us a quote.

Otherwise we need to tell them how many pages there are and if it's
colour or b&w

ana