[HacktionLab] progress on registration form

ana anap at riseup.net
Tue Apr 27 16:24:21 BST 2010

mick fuzz wrote:

> Good work, yoss.
>
>     b) I assume that the signup app should enforce SSL on the
>     registration,
>     ...  People are going to get the Big Scary Security
>     warning, is that ok?
>

> Is there anyway to avoid this?
Hopefully we don't want to avoid this.

Generally I avoid registering or giving any details of myself over http
pages (no s) or oven non-encrypted email.

As a compromise, I'd be happy with optional https:// (actually the wiki
could do with optional https too).

I don't pay through paypal either. Partly because of the commission they
charge.

It'd be easier to give people a bank account number and/or a physical
address where they can post cheques.

Mike wrote:

> Well we're not taking payments over this
> system (paypal will be used and they use SSL) so I think we could get away with not having SSL on the booking form

Paranoid people like myself will avoid registering though non-ssl pages
and paying through paypal. I'm happy to do whatever I can to make both
options happen, although I admit it may not be much ...

ana