[HacktionLab] progress on registration form

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 18:03:34 BST 2010

> Generally I avoid registering or giving any details of myself over http
> pages (no s) or oven non-encrypted email.

Fair enough.

If you're really paranoid about this Ana just email your answers to the
booking form PGP encrypted to me directly and I'll process them :)

> As a compromise, I'd be happy with optional https:// (actually the wiki
> could do with optional https too).

Don't see why the wiki needs SSL?  Can you justify this?  What is it
that we're protecting people from with SSL?

This really isn't supposed to be a secret project, one for being
paranoid on, it's supposed to be an open project, that's why there's
this (almost open) list, and a public wiki.  Assume that everything is
public then you know where you are with it is my motto with this.

Obviously if we provide an SSL URL for the sign-up which we can do,
we'll need to provide a link and instructions to get to it.

It might therefore be better just to go for the SSL one as you suggest.
 As I said I can set this up on the current hacktivista.net server,
which is trusted and secure.

> I don't pay through paypal either. Partly because of the commission they
> charge.

Fair enough.

> It'd be easier to give people a bank account number and/or a physical
> address where they can post cheques.

There'll be an address to send a cheque to as an alternative.  This I
want to release ASAP.