[HacktionLab] Entertainments

JimDog theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Tue Apr 27 17:35:47 BST 2010

Hey all.

Been giving entertainments some thought and wanted to share some ideas. For the saturday night, i wanted to put a call out for any campers who can do a live set of some kind (especially some kind of electronic set), which i'll do a bit nearer the time once people start signing up.

I was thinking about the friday night where people are likely to be more wanting a social time of it and had an idea. When i was building the jukebox for the one in 12, i came across quite a few network based linux jukebox servers. Basically, instead of paying for songs to be played, people on the network kind of vote for the ones they want to hear, with the most popular choices getting priority.

This is cool on the whole political thing about the camp and what it's about no?

So i was thinking, if people brought some tunes in whatever format along, we could set this up maybe as a workshop on the friday, leave some access terminals (we can use the northern laptops for this) with web browsers pointed at the server around the barn and have a 'democratic disco' on the friday night?

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Jimdog