[HacktionLab] Space managing and washing up

Llanos llanosnunez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 09:57:32 BST 2010

Hi

One of the things I reckon we failed when organizing last year's gathering
was how we managed the cleaning/washing up/rubbish in the barn. Some people
seemed not able to get away from their laptops at all, not even to clear
their mugs! The barn on Sunday evening was a mess and people that stayed for
Monday had to work really hard.

This year there's going to be double amount of people so I suggest a rota. I
reckon there should be for each meal, 1 or 2 people to help in the kitchen
(chopping up etc), 2 people for washing (pans, trays and all the kitchen
stuff) and another person to clean the space in the barn/marquees (rubbish,
spare mugs, clean surfaces). It will still be everyone's responsibility to
wash their own dishes and mugs anyway.

If there's 4/5 people working each meal then the work load will be more fair
and the place will be in a decent state, hopefully. Maybe people directly
involved with the workshops can get away but all the others will do their
bit.

What does everyone think??

--
Llanos