[HacktionLab] Reply to to person, rather than list

Carl van Tonder carl at supervacuo.com
Fri Mar 26 11:05:09 GMT 2010

Mike (and others),

To de-lurk, I'm Carl; an Oxford-based activist, hacker and general nerdy
person. Reading your message made me sit ever-so-slightly bolt upright:
why are "Reply To:" headers being munged in the first place? A quick
Scroogle for "reply to munging" turns up the three canonical documents
on the issue, the most recent being 〝“Reply-To” Munging Still
Considered Harmful. Really.〞[0], which explains that munging Reply To:
headers is a violation of the 2001 RFC 2822, in addition to all the
existing problems. Sorry for the rant ;)

Tl;dr I agree with Mike's idea. Also, hi! Also, see you at (parts) of
the Oxford meet-up!

Cheers,

Carl

[0] http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html