[HacktionLab] Children at BarnCamp

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sun May 2 16:18:20 BST 2010

Thanks Llanos for taking the initiative on this.  This is an excellent
proposal and is definitely a resolution to this issue.

>> is good for her. She'd be happy with something like *£20 a day. *

I have reservations about agreeing to pay any one person when eveyone
else is agreeing to give their time for free.  This is to be fair on
everyone.  Also, if we got into a situation where one person gets paid
then someone else wants to be paid, it might snowball into making the
event financially unsustainable.

We can pay her travelling expenses, or help her get to site and let her
eat for free perhaps?

What does everyone else think on this topic?

>> *
>
> That's sounds most excellent arrangement. I reckon we go for it. What
> does anyone else think?

I was going to propose that we simply have a plenary on childcare on the
Friday evening with those that of there when we know how many children
there are and make a session so that those with kids can arrange things
amongst themselves, but that shows that we are aware of the situation
and that there is an open space to work out any arrangements as we need
them.

I was also going to propose that kids should go free.  Any seconders on
that?