[HacktionLab] progress on registration form

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Fri May 14 09:40:37 BST 2010

Hi Anap,

Returning to an old thread....
>> Don't see why the wiki needs SSL? Can you justify this? What is it
>> that we're protecting people from with SSL?
>>

> We're protecting their "privacy", as a principle. Not just that page,
> I'd like "all" pages to offer https, so that all traffic is eventually
> https and it becomes the norm.

Tis done https://hacktivista.net

Sketchy self-signed cert at present, but requested one from StartSSL.

For the registration, I'm not sure, that's one for Yoss.  One of the
issues with SSL used to be that one could only have one SSL enabled web
server instance running per IP address.  Therefore you couldn't have two
sites that shared the same IP both being SSL enabled.  I haven't looked
into this for several years now, anyone know if that's still the case?