[HacktionLab] Diaspora - The privacy aware, personally controlled, do-it-all distributed open source social network.

Sam UK sam at bristolwireless.net
Fri May 14 12:11:12 BST 2010

Hi All

Not sure that anyone has mentioned this on here yet..

"We think we can replace today's centralized social web with a more secure
and convenient decentralized network. Diaspora will be easy to use, and it
will be centered on you instead of a faceless hub."

Basic project details
http://www.joindiaspora.com/project.html

Roadmap
first sprint (end of summer 2010)
• full-fledged communications between Seeds (Diaspora instances)
• complete PGP encryption
• plugin architecture for scraping of most major services.
• version 1 of Diaspora’s API.
• public github repository (completely free software).

Second sprint
• add-on modules (for new content).
• open-source developer network.
• further streamlining setup.