[HacktionLab] INTRO: (was Re: Carpet!)

Philip Vossler philvossler at googlemail.com
Sun May 16 18:47:20 BST 2010

I have recently signed up on the HacktionLab list and had been looking
forward to attending my first BarnCamp event. I am now unable to
attend as a close friend is moving house that weekend and I agreed
some time ago that I would provide assistance (she was also keen to
attend but it is difficult to change the moving date).

I hope to be able to attend events in the future. My interests centre
on Linux, Electronics, Music (wide variety and have experience with
P.A.'s) and Cycling, I do not own a car and rely on my trusty bike and
public transport to get around in and out of Melksham (Wiltshire). I
enjoy hacking hardware and am keen to learn more of the "Pic" series
of controllers.

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of techy projects local to
Melksham (Bath, Trowbridge, Devizes, or  Chippenham)   that I may be
able to get involved with? Bristol sadly is just that little bit too
far for an evening trip though weekends may be ok.

As regards floor covering. May I suggest posting a request for carpet
on "Freecycle"? The freecycle list on Yahoo has many members in my
area and if I was attending I should make a request for floor
covering.

Another thought.....what about using straw? Its recyclable - and
possibly available from the farm - at least I would expect the farmers
to b able to source straw even if they do not have any themselves.
I've seen it used before as a floor covering at a festival bar.

Kind regards to those on the list - i'd love to meet some of you in person

Phil Vossler