[HacktionLab] Book in order?

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 09:08:22 GMT 2010

On 03/11/2010 10:49, Mara wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having the same problem here and would love to get an ordered copy.
> Especially as the layout on the open office document get messed up
> around page breaks for me. Did anyone point to this? I tried finding a
> response to this, but didn't.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction if it's around or make it
> available somewhere?

Hey Mara,

What Ben says makes sense, seems that you can reorder the pages using
printing software to the format you want printing in - that makes sense.

So I don't think there's any need for the original document to be in the
page order it is.

To speed this process up, Mara would it be possible for you to reorder
the pages and make the amends you've suggested?  Relayingup the whole
book again from Booki seems like just repeated the work that Ana's
already done.  Let me know if you need help with this...

> Cheers,
> Mara
>
> On 12/10/2010 13:05, Ben Green wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> especially Ana, thanks again for work on the booklet. I'd really like a
>> copy of the booklet in order, I'm not sure if the pages being out of
>> order is some kind of imposition feature of OOo or not, but I find it
>> impossible to read or edit this. Can it be in order please?
>>
>> An in order A5 document (mybook.pdf in this example) can be converted
>> into a fully imposed document like so using "psutils":
>>
>> pdf2ps mybook.pdf
>> psbook -s32 mybook.ps mybook_imposed.ps
>> psnup -Pa5 -pa4 -2 mybook_imposed.ps mybook_doubled.ps
>> ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 mybook_doubled.ps
>>
>> 32 is the "folio size" which is our case is that same as the whole
>> document. Psutils is available on all reasonable versions of Linux, and
>> also Ubuntu.
>>
>> Using PSutils to do imposition means that the document doesn't need to
>> be out of order. Can we do this instead? Sorry to be a pain, but trying
>> to make life easier for us all.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> ==
>> From Ben Green