[HacktionLab] Book in order?

Ben Green ben at bristolwireless.net
Thu Nov 4 09:45:24 GMT 2010

Quoting "Mike Harris" <mike at mbharris.co.uk>:

> Hey Mara,
>
> What Ben says makes sense, seems that you can reorder the pages using
> printing software to the format you want printing in - that makes sense.

There is lots of software to do this "imposition". I used the command
line tools from the debian packages psutils. I'm very happy to help
out sorting out a set of commands to do the things we want to do with
our particular document, the ones I gave last time should work fine
for putting A5 sheets up properly imposed on an A4 "signature". At
worst people can always send them to me before printing for the
imposition process.

For me, figuring out the terminology was the hardest bit.

If someone does redo the document in order, make sure also that you
set the page size in OpenOffice to A5 please, thats the size of pages
we want, so set it to that. Don't be tempted to do A4 double column.
A5 is needed from an imposition perspective and will useful from a
design perspective too.

Here's some excellent docs on how to make impositions on various
platforms with links to other relevant docs also on the Scribus wiki:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/PDF,_PostScript_and_Imposition_tools

Cheers,
==