[HacktionLab] Printable book

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 10:40:46 GMT 2010

Hi there,

Good work Ben. :)

I did some changes last night and sent it to the printers, but didn't
have time to upload.

So I've taken Ben's versions and made my changes to them and reuploaded
them with the following comments:

"* Reformatted home page, making drawing sharper and making top title
stand out more.
* Removed Psand.net from the list of mailing list providers.
* Reinserted image on page 31 with higher-resolution version."

Take a look.

G: I've emailed O to say to hold off on the printing.
BG: I'll call you in a bit to discuss having it finalised.

On 12/11/2010 10:20, penguin wrote:
> I thought a final version had been sent to green print? If the book is
> not final can someone say so that we don't get the wrong version printed.

> On 12/11/10 09:02, Ben Green wrote:
>> On 12/11/10 08:14, Ben Green wrote:
>

>>> Action:
>>>
>>> * I'll look for some more picture - anyone chipping in some would be great
>>> * Will someone look at the "Important" section on p21 please
>>> * I'll check over the entire thing is consistent with our stlye guide
>

>> Fits with the style guide fine - was thinking there might be some
>> formatting hints. I've just reformatted the whole thing, changing
>> typeface, header and list styles. Please have a look and see if we think
>> this is the way to go.
>
>> The intention is to make it cleaner and more readable, with more white
>> space.
>
>> New versions for consideration:
>
>> http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/File:HacktionLab_tech_tools_for_activists_mod2.pdf
>> http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/File:HacktionLab_tech_tools_for_activists_mod2.odt
>
>> Next step, make the cover look much better, I'll draw something up over
>> the next few days, though this W/E is looking rather hectic.
>
>> Cheers

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893