[HacktionLab] Some materials for the streaming workshop

JimDog theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Tue Nov 16 19:00:57 GMT 2010

Hey

We've got a laser printer at the club plus av equipment on each floor so won't be a problem for workshops.

I've successfully built some cool Android apps with appbuilder today so getting a workshop on the possibilities with them prepared.

Specifically, one app is designed to publish tumbles to a hyperactive site straight from a smartphone with the minimum of hassle.

The other is a peer led retexter for big actions, similar to those used in Africa and disaster zones but that doesn't require the use of a computer.

I also want to explore the possibility of linking an Android app to pubsubhubbub so smartphone users can get up to the second news and new video updates in real time.

Would people be interested in this?

Jimdog

http://northern-indymedia.org