[HacktionLab] how should we embed audio and video - and invite others to do it

mick fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Mon Nov 29 09:12:55 GMT 2010

That'll do the trick!

And it's more of an archive that I was after so that'll work nicely

I'll see if I can hack one together for redbricks radio and then contact you
if I can't. I'll try to write a short help file for the wiki too.

nice one
mick
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Mike Harris <mike at mbharris.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Mick,
>
> I use one that I've always got on quite well with, it embeds as a single
> track player:
>
> http://www.bristolwireless.net/ (check Ujima 98 FM live on the right
> hand side)
>
> And as a playlist using an XML file:
>
> http://www.radiovague.com/creamtease/
>
> The playlist in XML can be a combination of local and remote files at
> different URLs and the URL of a live stream.
>
> I reckon it'd be possible to hack Icecast to output this XML format, so
> that you could feed the live streams from an server straight into a player.
>
> Was that the kind of thing you were after?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike.
>

> On 26/11/2010 13:56, mick fuzz wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > A sort of related one to the audio discussions we've been having.
> > It would be really good to have a simple way to embed series of audio
> > file so that you get a player that looks halfway decent. Now that i've
> > half given up on campcaster this could be a possible way forward.
> >
> > Let's assume that all the audio files are on friendly servers so we
> > don't have to worry about security concerns although they may be on
> > different URLs.
> >
> > Has anyone had a play around with players that can show playlists? or
> > how to create playlists compatible  with players which can be embedded.
> >
> > I've had a bit of a look around but just got myself more confused!
> >
> > The archive.org <http://archive.org> audio playlists looks ok
> > http://www.archive.org/details/throwingmuses1991-05-24.flac16
> >
> > I wonder if that could be created somehow with files from disparate
> servers?
> >
> > Nice one
> > mick

> --
> Mike Harris
> w: http://mbharris.co.uk
> t: +44 7811 671 893

http://www.undercurrents.org - independent video
http://manchestermule.com - manchester news

Think Planet! Computers are killing Mother Earth!
Did you *really* need to read this email???
Why not send all my mail directly to your Trash folder?