[HacktionLab] how should we embed audio and video - and invite others to do it

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 21:14:13 GMT 2010

Hi Mick,

I use one that I've always got on quite well with, it embeds as a single
track player:

http://www.bristolwireless.net/ (check Ujima 98 FM live on the right
hand side)

And as a playlist using an XML file:

http://www.radiovague.com/creamtease/

The playlist in XML can be a combination of local and remote files at
different URLs and the URL of a live stream.

I reckon it'd be possible to hack Icecast to output this XML format, so
that you could feed the live streams from an server straight into a player.

Was that the kind of thing you were after?

On 26/11/2010 13:56, mick fuzz wrote:
> hi there,
>
> A sort of related one to the audio discussions we've been having.
> It would be really good to have a simple way to embed series of audio
> file so that you get a player that looks halfway decent. Now that i've
> half given up on campcaster this could be a possible way forward.
>
> Let's assume that all the audio files are on friendly servers so we
> don't have to worry about security concerns although they may be on
> different URLs.
>
> Has anyone had a play around with players that can show playlists? or
> how to create playlists compatible  with players which can be embedded.
>
> I've had a bit of a look around but just got myself more confused!
>
> The archive.org <http://archive.org> audio playlists looks ok
> http://www.archive.org/details/throwingmuses1991-05-24.flac16
>
> I wonder if that could be created somehow with files from disparate servers?
>
> Nice one
> mick

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893