[HacktionLab] has anyone a karmic server to install campcaster on?

gdm gdm at fifthhorseman.net
Sun Oct 3 02:15:14 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 10:47:52PM +0100, Ben Green wrote:
> Quoting "Ben Green" <ben at bristolwireless.net>:
>

>> Have you actually tried it on Lenny? That is, just using the Ubuntu
>> sources suggested on the page? What errors do you get?
>
> Right, having tried it myself I can now verify that indeed the packages
> are very keen on Karmic Koala and just won't take anything else. Your best
> bet would be to get a virtual box together an run Karmic on that.
>
> There's a new version of virtual box in lenny-backports (though that
> might be a faff in itself - wouldn't know, been on Debian Squeeze for a
> good while here).
>
> Other than that, compile from source.

there's quite a few packages available on this page that may be of use:

 * http://sourceforge.net/projects/campcaster/files/

however, the amd64 ones (which i think are the ones that you will need,
if the server you are trying to install on is the one i suspect) do seem
to be ubuntu specific.

another thought would be, what about upgrading your server to squeeze?
considering squeeze is now frozen, accepting only release-critical bug
fixes, this might not be as bad/scary as it sounds - and you will likely
be doing this in the next few months anyway, so you'd be one step ahead
of the game ;-) i don't know if this would solve the problem, but it
might be worth a try.

also, if you want help upgrading, feel free to give a shout in #tachanka
- we might (or might not) be around and be able to help you out.

solidarity,

	--gdm