[HacktionLab] quote, was: book again. ..Printable version

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 21:00:04 BST 2010

Hi again,

according to the minutes from April's meeting (alluded to at
http://lists.psand.net/cgi-bin/mailman/private/hacktionlab/2010-April/000291.html and actually
at

Format was to be A5 - roughly 24 printed pages with a cover.

Cost quoted from Oxford Green Print was sixty pounds, or seventy with
a two-coloured cover, 500 copies, not sure if stapled.  So quite a
price difference there!

Quoting "mick fuzz" <mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org>:

> hi there,
>
> Good work on the layout Anna!!!
>
> How do people feel about the indymedia logo on the front cover?
>
> If it was A5 as imagined it would be
> 8 sheets of A4 - 16 sides - 32 pages of A5 paper.
> which should halve the print cost almost no? or is that what you meant
> below.
>
> I recently printed 400 booklets of 3 sheets  - 6 sides and 12 pages for 100
> pounds on really nice paper.   That was with me doing the printing,  using
> the collating machine and the stapling machine. (takes a while)
> I don't mind doing that as long as people buy me beers.
>
> I could get a quote if it's useful.
>
> Maybe this is a thing that we can crowd source the money for -
> ie find 10 people prepared to put in £20 - and they get 40 copies - or what
> ever.
>

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM, ana <anap at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I got a definite quote for the book as I prepared it on OpenOffice and
>> here as a pdf:
>>
>> https://we.riseup.net/imc-london/tech-tools-for-activists+65864
>>
>> 32 pages, 16 A4 on both sides, it would be £330 for 500 copies and £174
>> for 250 copies. To which we would need to add 1/3 if we wanted it collated
>> and stapled. I.e. 440 would pay for 500 copies plus collated and stapled,
>> 232 would pay for 250 collated and stapled - which would save us doing it
>> ourselves.
>>
>> This is a very small-group volunteer project doing it all on recycled
>> paper, so definitely a project we support in London ...
>>
>> I have no idea how the hacktionlab finances are. Would we want the version
>> as I made it to go to the bookfair if it can? Would we pay that much?
>>
>> Alan, any feedback from Sunday? (assuming it was not too late)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> ana

> --
> http://www.undercurrents.org - independent video
> http://manchestermule.com - manchester news
>
> Think Planet! Computers are killing Mother Earth!
> Did you *really* need to read this email???
> Why not send all my mail directly to your Trash folder?

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893
p: http://mbharris.co.uk/mike.gpg.pub
s: http://mbharris.co.uk/mike.ssh.pub