[HacktionLab] Printable book

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 11:47:34 BST 2010

> https://we.riseup.net/imc-london/tech-tools-for-activists+65864

Thanks.  And thanks again for getting that together.

> I think it should be put somewhere more hacktionlab created, as that was
> just a copy i put there as part of the literature we were preparing for
> the bookfair.

Yes.  We agreed ages ago to ditch using Crabgrass.  The Wiki is a much
better place imho and there's lots of content there.  So I've uploaded
the book there:

http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/File:Hacktionlab_tech_tools_for_activists_2010-10-10.pdf

> Which never happened actually, after all that talk about how much
> cheaper it could be done in other places!

Yes, I think there was an issue with the guy at Oxford Green Print,
although it was short notice.

Ana, please look at the facts here:

* We'd already got quotes for printing six months ago and documented
this on the list and wiki.

* The quote you got was a factor of five times more expensive!

* We DON'T have the funds to pay for the printing of the book at the
cost detailed in the quote you received.

I'm chasing OGP and also just contacted Bristol Radical History about
printing it, as they seem up for it.

If you can get a similar quote for printing in your neck of the woods,
then I say go for it, but at the prices you were quoted, we just can't
afford it; unless of course you're up for self-funding your end and
recouperating the costs yourself.

> Anyway all versions so far are there. Some also say it can be done
> smaller therefore cheaper just by making the typeface smaller

It is about the number of pages we agreed.  It could be printed A5, but
as small as A6 I guess.

> ana

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893