[HacktionLab] Gathering in Manchester September 17th and 18th

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Tue Aug 2 11:57:13 UTC 2011

Hi there,

What do you guys think about this - is it too vague? Really I just want
a chance to get people with the following projects in the same place at
the same time.

I'd up for advice on this. I don't want to take on a massive thing but
I'd but up for doing this. I guess I just want to get people working on
similar projects in the same place at the same time before the
rebellious media conference and anarchist book fair.

As there are loads of active projects that need time to work stuff out
and share skills - I think this can happen with out planning workshops
in advance or providing multiple spaces.

Could this happen as a hacktionlab?
The reason for the timing is to share some aspects of it with hackademia
which is happening at the same time.

--//

I would like to invite you all to an informal gathering in Manchester to
work on the following projects and how they interact.

* bethemedia.org.uk
* network23.org
* catalystradio.org
* others welcome

The format is an ongoing hacklab, although specific sessions can be
arranged at the beginning of the first day.

This is happening at the same time at Hackemedia -
http://www.psych.lse.ac.uk/~patrick/hackademia//

The venue will be one of the following - Yard Theatre, Hulme Community
Garden centre, Marquee in Leaf St Community Garden (12 volt help needed
for this).

Food won't be provided, we'll be looking at going our for a cheap meal
on sat night and relying on sandwich and fallafel shops.

Cost will be limited to covering the cost of venue/s and transport for
infrastructure. Estimated at £10 for 2 days.

Accommodation will be attempted at being provided - a fair degree of
notice would be good to sort this out.