[HacktionLab] Programme for Hackademia and Manchester Hacktionlab

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Fri Aug 12 09:24:04 UTC 2011

> I'm happy to present HacktionLab and TTFA, and happy to help with N23.

That's great! Anyone else up for it? Catalyst? Be the Media?

>> I'm saying this as then it could be included in the Hackademia programme.
>
> I'd really, really, really like to get the
> now-very-out-of-date-and-un-loved-looking web site updated with the
> latest stuff.  So could you email me some blurb and some links over Mick
> and then I'll update it, thanks.

Ok, there's some stuff here -
http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/Manchester_2011

It might be good to get a paragraph about each project, so that if new
people want to check out the projects they could recognise one that they
would be interested enough in attending. Maybe you could have a go at
doing that Mike.

About the costs - I think we can keep the core costs pretty low to cover
the following -
I wouldn't mind some advice on this.

Venue £100
Drinks, tea, coffee juice - estimated £50
Donation for Internet use - £20

That would make the costs £170 - if we charged £10 each then I think
that would cover it no? Estimating 15-25 coming.

Potential additional costs

Food - I'm very happy for other people to take this on if they want to
and this could be added to the core costs. Vicky is applying for funding
to cover food costs too.

Transport for Equipment - should we ask to borrow the ltsp suite or not?
If it's not a hassle then that would be good, but because this is
project based, It's probably not essential. But if we do want to do this
should we budget in transport for it?

Funded Transport for people that need it - We've not done this before
apart from transporting equipment but we could do a travel pool to help
people out if they have high travel costs or if they are skint.